Thursday 25 July 2013

Summer arrived with a bang!

Greetings readers
Firstly I like to thank those following my blog and especially those that have taken the time out to leave a comment. And then I am delighted to know that folk from as far as the US, SA, Russia, Australia, Thailand, UAE, Canada, Paraguay and various Europe countries are visiting the site to view my images.  

Well the last few weeks have been exceptionally hot in the UK. They say be careful what you wish for. After a dreadfully cold winter we were looking to the heavens for some warmth. That arrived with some record breaking temperatures. I didn’t have to look further than my own street to witness the rising temperatures melting the tar on the road surface. On another day I saw a dog give up chase on his feline bounty to lie down and take some respite. In my garden I had cracks appearing in the clay earth which were almost wide enough to hide unwanted birthday gifts.  But mostly the searing heat brought a complete stillness at times. I begin to appreciate why the Spanish enjoy their ‘siesta’ in the summer afternoons.

On a Spanish mid-afternoon walkabout I took this picture. 



People and dogs aside I couldn’t even detect a fly moving in the August heat.  Not far off from what we were experiencing back in UK.








Well needless to say we have been enjoying some home cooked BBQ’s in the garden. I can also add the most popular and used consumable in our household has been good old fashioned ice lollies. My family has been devouring these refreshing beauties right up to bedtime to choke out the unbearable heat.
And then like all good things, they have to end soon enough. That’s when the unusual lightening arrived followed by spectacular thunderstorms bringing torrential rain and flooding in places.
In two weeks we have experienced extreme weather from all of the continents arriving simultaneously, which makes the UK an interesting and definitely unpredictable place to enjoy summer.
Wishing you a great day and lots of sunshine ahead!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment